Thursday, September 08, 2005

Candid

Ok.
So I don't like myself,
the image in the mirror.
And I wish I was beautiful;
my nose was sculpted
cheeks created hills and valleys
lips were sinful, turning chocoholics
to strawberry lovers.


I looked in the mirror;
the image mocked
"if you aren't beautiful today
you never will be"
The tone changed
it was matter of fact
"eyes of a child
in a face age old,
spirit unshackled
bound no more."


Hearing this, I fell in love
again, with myself this time.
Someone in the mirror
winked, licking the chocolate drop!

2 Comments:

Blogger david raphael israel said...

nice!

these lines
| lips were sinful, turning chocoholics
| to strawberry lovers.

particularly imaginative --
and opening an image the
poem rounds up in end

But Minx
the verse could make a reader
wish to view the subject's visage

cheers, d.i.

September 10, 2005 7:29 pm  
Blogger Jyotsna said...

This reminded me of the inner child bit..aah i know i know.my interpretation is almost always --well different!
:)

September 11, 2005 2:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home