Friday, December 16, 2005

Narcissist

Not for the morning mist,
............gently touching the windowpanes.
Nor for the peeking sun,
............gently warming the drapes.

Not for running water,
............gently splashing on the head.
Nor for the granny’s duvet.
............gently warming the fourposter bed.

Not for the cheesy smilies,
............gently drawing a sheepish grin.
Nor for the smug knowing, on
............gently inching to a scrabble win.

Not for the regained laughter
............gently illuminating the talk-fest.
I revel today, for I fell in love
............With life and myself, afresh.

1 Comments:

Blogger MumboJimbo said...

I enjoy your words, uncomplicated and felt, scattered and meant. Today my world is bigger and closer. Thanks.

December 16, 2005 9:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home