Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Mirth

Safely ensconced,
She threw a challange
Pay me back in the coin received…

I took some fears
       Those strange beings
       That hide behind masks
       Of “Impossible tasks”,
       “Hurt gifted by trusted”
       “Uncharted paths” and more

I took some sadness too
       Those that clogs my being
       Colouring every embrace,
       Warm words of love
       And gifted bounties
       With cold clammy greys

And also those dreams
       The peek-a-boo beings
       That tempt with promise
       Of masterpieces in making
       But dissolve and disappear
       Before the artist in me can sculpt them

Mixing them all, I perfect a currency
Honoured everytime by one and all.
The coin I perceived

was mirth bubbling at challenges
Doled out generously,

by an frisky, irepressible life.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jyotsna said...

you are getting better and better with each new post..

January 13, 2006 12:20 pm  
Blogger heretic said...

Aha! Can't comment, feel under-qualified. That's how good you are. :-)

January 18, 2006 4:37 pm  
Blogger david raphael israel said...

Asmita--
you startle expectations of life & reader both, and the currency indeed is received . . .

(it makes me think / wonder about "the varieties of mirth" if such there be)

mirth almost strains at credibility (in context the poem seems to sketch if not delineate); but perchance it performs its own miracle, sets the tone of its own new rule

may it be so,
d.i.

January 20, 2006 2:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home