Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Second Chance

Does one get a second chance? What exactly is that?

Perhaps in certain circumstances, one has taken a decision that on reflection or over time one recognises was not the ideal one to take. Perhaps the consequence of such a decision is not to one’s liking. And a second chance is desired so that some other choice can be made. A choice that seems closer to generating consequences that is to the liking of the person.

I took a certain decision that I felt was the right one. It involved other people and of course choices that they were making. Wasn’t happy with the scenario being played and opted out. And then a friend said something and I realised why others were making the choices that they are making. Perhaps these choices were not because of the reasons I assumed but at least now I am less certain of the decision I took. And oh boy, do I desire a second chance! But would life hand me that? Would I dare to go these people and at least acknowledge to them that I might have misjudged the reasons why they made their choices? What if I had not taken that decision…the consequences might have been what I desire now. Would I still get to live the same circumstances that might have occurred if I had not taken that decision?

So the question remains… Does one get a second chance?

1 Comments:

Blogger Sreejith said...

i wrote about a second chance once. Check it out here.
http://blog.360.yahoo.com/iam_pc?l=16&u=19&mx=19&lmt=5&p=8
or here
http://obscure-reality.blogspot.com/2005/05/second-chance.html

June 14, 2006 3:33 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home